Observing from beyond the solar system, a cultural outsider looks in.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Edwards at the Sojourners forum on poverty

Last night, I went to the Sojourners forum on poverty in Washington, DC. I plan to write a much longer piece about this, because I know people love to hear me blather endlessly about politics, but for right now, I'm just going to share with you my favorite quote, a few pictures I took, and a video clip that Sojourners put up on YouTube.





Edwards on poverty:



This is an issue I talk about all over America in front of all kinds of audiences because it's part of who I am. It's who I am as a human being. And I will say this. This is such a part of my life that whatever happens in this presidential campaign, as long as I am alive and breathing, I will be out there fighting with everything I have to help the poor in this country. I can promise you that.











Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home