Observing from beyond the solar system, a cultural outsider looks in.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Video picks of the day

I'm not sure why I'm calling this video picks of the day. It's not like I'm going to do it every day. I wouldn't want to raise expectations that I'm going to become an internationally famous YouTube critic, if such a thing exists. I just saw a couple of interesting videos recently that I'd like to share.

The first is an interview of John Edwards done by Matt Bai for the New York Times Magazine. It's about 40 minutes long, but I like this video, because I think John's decency and humanity really comes through in it. The interviewer is asking tough, but not hostile questions, and a lot of information is provided, particularly regarding John's dedication to fighting poverty.

I have to admit, I like long videos anyway. I think long videos of interviews and political speeches and things like that give a lot more information than short videos that are more like advertisements. I know short videos can be popular, because a lot of people don't feel they have the time to watch something longer. That's a valid concern. Sometimes I feel rushed too, but I really believe that as a voter, it's my responsibility to do some research.



The second video I've chosen is for anyone who needs a break from politics. If you're desperately looking for a break from politics, I'm not sure why you'd be reading my blog, but even I like to think about other things sometimes, and one of them is the Beatles. I guess you could say the common theme here is that guys named John are cool.



Hat tip to Benny for the Beatles video.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home