Observing from beyond the solar system, a cultural outsider looks in.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Writing Poetry for Obama/Biden!

I bet when I was busily supporting John Edwards in the primary, you never knew Obama would bring out my poetic side, right? Well, it's a big surprise to me, too, but apparently he does.

See, I entered a haiku poetry contest about the presidential election on Associated Content.

Come read my haikus.
Unless your name is McCain,
You won't regret it.

Well, I can't reprint those ones here, because the contest entry was exclusive for AC, but I can think of a few more. Just give me a minute here...

Joe Biden is swell.
McCain, on the other hand,
Can just go to hell.

And it rhymed, too! I don't know if that wins you extra points in haiku, or demerits. A few more...

Beggars on the streets.
Folks out of work all over.
McCain doesn't care.

Lipstick on a pig.
Maybe Cheney looks better
with feminine side.

Civil liberties
Were stolen by Bush/Cheney.
I want them back now.

Barack if you please
Bring economic justice.
People are waiting.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home