Observing from beyond the solar system, a cultural outsider looks in.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Campaign Slogans for McCain and Obama and places I've visited lately in cyberspace

A friend was pointing out to me the racist subtext in the McCain/Palin campaign. Apparently we're supposed to want to save the pretty white woman from the scary black man. You can tell if you watch the ad where they claim "lipstick on a pig" was about Palin. Anyway, as a result I wrote this blog post about the real top ten campaign slogans of McCain and Obama on Progressive Blue.

Some readers may remember I was not initially thrilled with Obama, but the scarier his opponents get, the more he grows on me. Let's save America this time, OK?

Another friend forwarded me this commentary by Deepak Chopra. He says Sarah Palin is the "shadow self" acting out in opposition to the hope offered by Obama. Might be a good way to frame it for anyone who's into New Age stuff, but not politics.

I also just have to give a shout-out to my close, personal MySpace friend (yeah, right), John Cusack, who is clearly mad as heck and not going to take it anymore. I've been reading his blog, and I have to say, it's kind of nice to see this much outrage from someone who has enough celebrity to possibly get his voice heard loudly. His new movie, War, Inc., which seems to have been basically censored by corporate movie distributors, since it never made it to many cities, is due out on DVD soon. It's a satire about war profiteering. Really looking forward to that.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home