Observing from beyond the solar system, a cultural outsider looks in.

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Woohoo! Yellow Submarine on the big screen!

OK. I just had to get that little scream of pure JOY out of my system. In case you can't tell, The Beatles' Yellow Submarine is one of my favorite films of all time. I've seen this one so many times I can just about recite all the bad jokes, but I don't care. Can't wait to see this on the big screen with The Senator's amazing sound system!

Yellow Submarine plays at 1:00 PM this Saturday and Sunday ONLY, so don't miss it!

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, starring the late, great Paul Newman. I've never seen this one, but I love the tag line:

I want peace - and I don't care who I kill to get it!


The film will be shown with a rare 35mm I.B. Technicolor print, which means the color is gorgeously preserved. Yay!

Friday, May 8th: 5:00 & 7:30pm.

Saturday, May 9th through Sunday, May 10th: 2:30, 5:00 & 7:30pm.
Monday, May 11th through Thursday, May 14th: 5:00 & 7:30pm.

Admission $5 for everyone [cash only].


A no account outlaw establishes his own particular brand of law an order and builds a town on the edges of civilization in this farcical western.

I also want to personally remember and thank Mr. Paul Newman by starting me on a lifetime of drinking early, by offering me a beer when I was 10. (He was joking. I don't want to start any bad rumors here. The offer never came through.)

Also playing this weekend:

Horror Hotel
AKA The City of the Dead


Starring Christopher Lee

Presented with a rare original 35mm print.

Friday & Saturday evenings (5/8 - 5/9) at 10:00pm.
Admission $5 for everyone [cash only].

A young coed uses her winter vacation to research a paper on witchcraft in New England.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home