Observing from beyond the solar system, a cultural outsider looks in.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Recury Mertrograde!

In case anyone was wondering how I got the name AstroGirl, it's because I used to sometimes send out astrological reports to my friends. I don't focus on astrology as much as I used to, but I still feel the need to let you, my wonderful reader, know what's coming for the next three weeks.

Mercury is going retrograde in Aquarius. A period where Mercury is retrograde is one where, from the point of view of the earth, Mercury appears to move backwards in its orbit. This happens usually 3 times a year and usually for about 3 weeks. (I recently read there will be 4 Mercury retrogrades this year, but I haven't looked at an ephemeris to confirm it yet.)

Mercury is the planet of communication, and communication tends to be difficult during a Mercury retrograde, because people's minds are on their own internal affairs and they aren't necessarily really listening. Hence the jumbled letters in the title of my post. This is supposed to be a bad time to sign contracts and make important decisions. You also might need to make an extra effort to make sure you are understood. Be careful with travel and driving, too.

Aquarius is the sign of the incoming astrological age, which lasts for about 2000 years or so. As such, it governs everything that has to do with the future and also technology. If your computer goes on the fritz in the next 3 weeks, don't be too surprised.

This is a great time to focus on your own internal dialogue, however, and to really get in touch with what you want and need for the coming year, but don't implement any plans you make until after Mercury comes out of its retrograde period.

For those of you who don't believe in astrology, fine, but I will tell you that more than one person I know has been convinced of the reality of astrology by observing what happens during Mercury retrograde.

P.S. If you've been wondering why I haven't posted much lately, it's because I'm trying to finish up a book I'm writing --- a satire about corporate culture. More on that later.

Happy New Year!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home