Observing from beyond the solar system, a cultural outsider looks in.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Looking forward to War, Inc.

I've blogged about War, Inc. before. This is the satire of war profiteering starring John Cusack, Joan Cusack, Marisa Tomei, Hillary Duff, Dan Ackroyd, and Ben Kingsley, which I had been looking forward to earlier this year. I never got to see it, however, because it never made it out of a few cities in its theatrical release.

I tend to suspect it got effectively censored by corporate movie distribution due to the political message.

With a cast like that, it seems illogical that the movie wouldn't get wide distribution, even if it was truly bad. I don't know about the quality, because I still haven't seen it. The preview looks very funny.

Anyway, War, Inc. comes out on DVD tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct. 14th. I plan to review it later this week, so check back for the review. Probably the review will go up on Progressive Blue first.

And yes, I've been excited about this movie, because it's got a message I agree with and believe is important, but that doesn't mean I've come to a conclusion about whether it's a good movie before seeing it. I'll review it honestly, as I always try to do. Expect the review on Thursday or Friday. Unfortunately, I pre-ordered it from Amazon, and I don't think the shipment is getting here in time for me to do it earlier than that.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Serena said...

Correction:

Dang! I am such a dork sometimes. I was writing up the cast list from memory, and I can't believe I said Billy Murray and not Dan Ackroyd, who is actually in the movie! Can you believe I still get them confused after all these years? Sorry. I fixed the post now.

October 14, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home