Observing from beyond the solar system, a cultural outsider looks in.

Monday, October 22, 2007

My Favorite YouTube Ever!

I just have to share something. This really made me feel good. For the past almost 10 months now, I've basically put my life on hold to get John Edwards elected president. The reason, of course, is because I'm utterly fed up with the total crappiness of our country's direction in the past several years, and I see someone who I think would actually be a truly great leader for us, and it's so nice to have a little hope again.

Knowing how much time I spend trying to get the word out, especially online, several people who know me have asked me whether the campaign even knows what I'm doing. Well, this short little video made me feel really good.



At a recent book signing event, Elizabeth Edwards thanked the Edwards Evening News team, of which I am a part, and said that it's how she finds out what's going on in the world when she doesn't have a chance to talk to her husband. The video was shot by a friend of mine in North Carolina, NCDem Amy, and the woman giving her a hug in the video is a friend of mine also.

For those who don't know, the Edwards Evening News is a nightly diary on Daily Kos and other websites, written by a great team of bloggers, including myself, who take turns making sure that we get the nightly Edwards Evening News out there. The team has been doing this for nearly 200 consecutive nights now. I usually write the diary on Saturday nights, although sometimes I fill in on other nights. My name on Daily Kos is be inspired. You can always find the latest edition of Edwards Evening News, as well as past editions, right here:

http://www.dailykos.com/tag/edwards%20evening%20news

And here is the latest one, by Amy, in which this video appears, along with another video of Elizabeth reading some lovely parts of her book, Saving Graces.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/10/22/191944/00

I just had to share! Thanks so much to Elizabeth, our future first lady and official White House blogger! And thanks to our wonderful EENR team!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of your efforts! Let's get our man John Edwards in the White House!

October 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home