Observing from beyond the solar system, a cultural outsider looks in.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Kim Clark's denial of her earlier Daily Record comments

You may remember that in a February 26, 2009 Daily Record article (which is unfortunately subscription-only at this point), Kim Clark of the Baltimore Development Corporation made comments that amounted to defamation of Senator Theatre owner Tom Kiefaber, saying he had never made it work. As I recall, this article set of a whirlwind of negative media attention on Mr. Kiefaber that began to resemble a lynch mob.

Interesting, then, to note that Kim Clark now denies having made those comments. This video is from the May 20, 2009 meeting at The Senator. I know I've posted videos from this meeting before, but in this new one from Arlette Productions, you can actually hear Kim Clark's denial, which was off-mic.



At the end of the video, when asked about her comments in the Daily Record, Kim Clark can clearly be heard to say "I was misquoted. I didn't say that. That's not what I said. I don't talk to that reporter anymore."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home